WHAT IS ISO 20000?
ISO 20000 is a standard used by organizations that establish, implement, maintain and continually improve a service management system (SMS). The requirements specified in ISO 20000 include the planning, design, transition, delivery, and improvement of services to meet the service requirements and deliver value. ISO 20000 can be used by:
- a customer seeking services and requiring assurance regarding the quality of those services.
- a customer requiring a consistent approach to the service lifecycle by all its service providers, including those in a supply chain.
- an organization to demonstrate its capability for the planning, design, transition, delivery and improvement of services.
- an organization to monitor, measure and review its SMS and the services.
- an organization to improve the planning, design, transition, delivery and improvement of services through effective implementation and operation of an SMS.
- an organization or other party performing conformity assessments against the requirements specified in ISO 20000.
- a provider of training or advice in service management.